The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask + British Rose Plumping Face Mask review

The Body Shop released five expert face mask recipes last year that are packed with natural ingredients derived from “beauty super foods”. The marketing on this is really focused on them being 100% vegetarian. If your interested to find out more about the masks,keep reading.


Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask
This is a slightly tingling clay mask which is infused with with bamboo charcoal, green tea leaves, and organic tea tree oil. All those components make it perfect for combination/oily skin like mine. It promises to draw out impurities and refine appearance of pores for healthy looking skin.
I used this, (and all other soon to be mentioned masks), every two days. I applied the charcoal mask mainly to my jaw area, on my nose, and between my brows. On certain days I also applied it on my forehead. It just depended where I felt I needed the charcoal and tea tree power the most at that moment.The scent was fresh and clearing. I could sense green tea vibe and tea tree.On my skin the mask felt nice.The consistency was soft,smooth,and creamy enough for an easy application.It had little charcoal pieces in it,which give it an interesting look and feel.

After the mask my skin was soft and smooth.My pores appeared smaller and skin felt pure.  In three weeks I saw how my complexion was slowly improving. The mask also absorbed excess oil and gave a healthy glow. 
  • 100% vegan
  • Fresh scent
  • Pores appear refined
  • Absorbs excess oil
  • Purifies the skin
  • Gives nice healthy glow
  • Formulated without parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oil
  • Packed with bamboo charcoal from the Himalayan Foothills, green tea leaves from Japan and organic Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya



British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask
This is a refreshing gel face mask which is infused with real rose petals, rose essence, rosehip oil and organic Community Trade aloe vera. It promises to moisturise the skin and give it a smooth, youthful, dewy appearance.
I used this mask every two days. I applied it on my cheeks and down to the jaw area where I had already applied the charcoal mask.
The scent of the mask was sweeter than the others. It smelled like a rose garden on a sunny afternoon. I loved the rosy scent!
On the skin it was bit cooling because of its gel type consistency. It felt soft and was easy to apply. I loved that I could see rose petals in the mask.

After the mask my skin was soft and smooth. I believe that since the mask was moisturising and gel like, my skin looked fresher than before. It also helped to reduce the redness I occasionally get around my cheek area. Since the skin is more sensitive on cheeks than other parts of face, it is more irritation prone to stronger ointments. This mask moisturised and gave a nice glow without causing any problems.
  • 100% vegan
  • Moisturises, soothes and tones skin
  • Gives healthy dewy glow
  • Reduces redness
  • Formulated without parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oil
  • Infused with real rose petals, rose essence from Britain, rosehip oil from Chile and organic Community Trade aloe vera from Mexico


Packaging
The masks are packaged in a glass jars with a screw cap. The glass is dark brown, which helps them stay fresh longer. It makes sure that the light won’t affect the quality of the mask as easy as it would with lighter tone glass.


Application
I applied the masks with my fingers. There is an also option to use a brush if you should have one. All masks are creamy or gel like enough for an easy application.


Have you tried or want to try any masks from the Super food mask line? How did you like them? Let me know in the comments!
Disclaimer: I was not paid to do the review..I bought the product on my last trip in England..I give my honest review :)


Thank you for reading,



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COTY AIRSPUN LOOSE FACE POWDER IN NATURALLY NEUTRAL

Black Gold-Nourishing Facial oil Review

L'oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation Review